View Single Post
Old Mar 5, 2013, 10:13 PM   #39
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVanks View Post
You know, for a lot of **** people say, Apple still does a much better job at things such as Siri.
Nope.

Google Now is pretty good. And there are some apps for WP8 out there that are pretty damn good in their own rights.

Quote:
I own an Android smartphone, and use an iPad, and Mac... and I have to say after all this garbage, Apple's Siri implementation is still far superior to any other ones.
What Android smartphone do you use? A G1?

Quote:
I'm so used to using Siri on my iPad and my gf's iPhone that I barely even use the actual phone to do a lot of basic tasks.
Live tiles and widgets == you won't need to say much. The only time I ever "talk" to my phone is to send texts and make calls while driving, hands-free.

Quote:
On my gf's iPhone, we just ask "where's the nearest movie theatre... take me to it.. and it works"
My WP8 does that, 1 try, no gimmicks, map pulled up automatically as well and it routed me. Pulled up the Batman result too. The search results in WP8 are pretty awesome because you can easily flip between what type of result you want to navigate to.

Quote:
Of course, fanboys will just tune in and prove me wrong, but after using a HTC ONE X for my own cell phone, and using iPhone 4S + iPad, and others, Apple does do a few of the things better.
Speaking of fanboys

Side by side compares of the voice recognition features show just how well Google's app performs. Siri is nowhere near as great as you describe it. And Apple never created Siri either. If anything, they have dumbed it down.

Quote:
Although iOS is still utter garbage for app installation, I've been prompted my password 50 times installing free apps...
Apps are the one thing Apple handles well. I never had issues with passwords on my old iPhone.

Last edited by Sazar : Mar 5, 2013 at 10:16 PM.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote