Version 2.0 Release Candidate 15.7:
* Hardware monitoring module no longer crashes when background monitoring and log to file modes are enabled and log file path references to invalid folder.
* Fixed NV4x PLL clock frequency detection code. Now RivaTuner analyzes extended PLL dividers usage bit and and no longer uses disabled extended dividers during clock frequency calculation. This allowed fixing erroneous <10MHz core clock frequency readings with ForceWare 80.xx, which tend to write rubbish values to unused dividers.
* Fixed RV410 fan control, which has been lost during porting driver to 64-bit in the previous version.
* Fixed active vertex units count detection in bundled NVInfo DOS utility.
* Added ForceWare 78.xx and 80.xx driver families support.
* Updated databases for Detonator and ForceWare driver families. Added databases for ForceWare 77.76, 77.77, 78.01, 78.11 and 80.40 drivers.
* Added driver-level fan control tab for NVIDIA display adapters, allowing setting independent 2D, low power 3D and 3D fan speeds via the driver's generic fan speed adjustment interface. Please take a note that this tab will be available on NV3x and newer display adapters, however it will really function only on display adapters, physically using reference PCB's integrated PWM controller. Thanks to Andrew Worobiew for providing PCIE GeForce 6800 Ultra with software controllable fan.
* Improved overlay color correction tab for Forceware drivers:
o Added overlay gamma adjustment slider. This feature was added special due to requests of users using early 77.xx and 80.xx drivers affected with control panel overlay gamma bug. Now this bug can be fixed by adjusting overlay gamma from RivaTuner.
o Overlay color correction controls are now blocked when advanced overlay color correction mode is selected in the driver's control panel.
* Added experimental Windows 2003 Server support.
* Added Catalyst 5.7 and 5.8 drivers detection.
* Updated Catalyst 5.7 and 5.8 certified SoftR9x00 patch script (32-bit versions only).
* Updated IO driver:
o Added IOCTLs for accessing registry. Currently new IOCTLs are used only under 64-bit OS when accessing HKLM\Software node to work around previously existing Windows XP x64 specific issues with NVIDIA driver-level overclocking, caused by OS registry redirector. However, power users may change registry access level and either disable driver-level access to registry at all or force it for 32-bit driver via the AccessLevel field of the [Registry] section in RivaTuner.cfg file. Take a note that RivaTuner still stores its' own registry settings in Wow6432Node to keep compatibility with the settings made via the previous version. Also, please take a note that driver-level registry access implementation caused some global changes in RivaTuner's registry access software layer, so please feel free to report any registry access related anomalies if you'll notice any in this version. Thanks to Andrew Worobiew and Hilbert Hagedoorn for providing PCIE hardware, used during developing and testing new driver.
* Updated RivaTunerStatisticsServer v1.3.1 bundled utility. The most of changes are targeted to OEMs, bundling the server with their own products:
o Added server window caption / tray icon tooltip customization possibility via .oem configuration file.
o Changed server instance detection mechanism, allowing using multiple instances of customized servers on the same PC.
o Added command line /i switch, allowing the server to install itself at Window startup automatically.
o Added command line /f switch, allowing the server to use fast start algorithm and to skip 3D runtime initialization during startup. This command line switch can be used to load the server via RivaTuner's launcher directly during playing the game, without loosing application's focus caused by 3D runtime initialization.
o Added lowercase font to the server's OSD.
o Added OEM name of the server (RTSS.exe) to the list of profiles.
* Improved .rth file format. Now RivaTuner's help files can contain [c<RGB>]..[/c] tags, allowing specifying any colors, instead of the previous three tags specifying fixed red, green and blue colors only.
* Improved hardware monitoring module:
o Now RivaTuner is able to monitor independent clock frequencies for core clock / geometric domain, core clock / shader domain and core clock / raster domain of G70 GPUs.
o Removed empty ambient temperature graph for display adapters with no driver-level ambient temperature monitroing implementation (e.g. GeForce 7800 GTX).
o Added 'Core VID' graph for NV43 GPUs. Thanks to Hilbert Hagedoorn for providing GeForce 6600 sample.
o Fan voltage graph has been renamed to reference fan duty cycle graph.
o Revised hardware monitoring plugin API:
+ Added functions for write access to the graphics processor's registers and I2C bus.
+ RivaTuner's plugins are no longer hardcoded to be used with RivaTuner.exe host application. Now any application exporting required set of functions can use RivaTuner's hardware monitoring plugins.
+ Added functions for read/write access to IO ports.
+ Added functions for read/write access to PCI configuration space.
+ The plugins can now supply own properties, accessible via 'More' button in the data source's properties.
+ Now each data source exported by plugin may contain a description, which will be displayed in data provider's area of data source's properties.
+ Considering that the amount of plugins grows up drastically, and just a few of plugins are normally in use, the plugins are no longer active by default. Now you must activate desired plugins manually by pressing the 'Plugins' button in hardware monitoring window's Setup dialog.
+ Now the plugins can have associated .rth description file, which is displayed in the plugins selection dialog.
o Updated hardware monitoring plugins:
+ All the plugins have been slightly changed to accommodate the changes made in the plugin API. Now all the data sources have descriptions for UI, and all the plugins can be used with different host application besides RivaTuner.exe.
+ Updated CPU.dll plugin, providing 'CPU clock' data source. Now the plugin provides two alternate ways of CPU clock frequency calculation - via standard and via high-resolution timers. Please refer to plugin description for details.
+ Updated F75373S.dll plugin, providing temperature and voltage data sources for Fintek F75373S/F75375S capable display adapters (e.g. ASUS V9999 series):
# Added 'Fan speed' data source.
# Added optional power user oriented BJT calibration feature for F75375S capable display adapters. Unfortunately, due to ASUS VGA BIOS design flaws, their display adapters cannot report correct core temperatures without installing ASUS SmartDoctor software, which performs temperature input 0 bipolar junction transistor (BJT) calibration, virtually patching the flaw of their VGA BIOS. I'm under strong impression, that third party software shouldn't perform such calibration and it must be done only at VGA BIOS level (and should be fixed in ASUS BIOS!!!), that is why this option is not directly available in RivaTuner's GUI. However, power users may activate it by editing CalibrateTemperature0BJT field of [Settings] section in F75373S.cfg file.
o Added new hardware monitoring plugins:
+ Added ADT7473.dll plugin, providing 'Core temperature', 'Ambient temperature' and 'Fan speed' data sources for display adapters with Analog Devices ADT7473 sensors (e.g. NVIDIA GeForce 7800GTX series).
+ Added NVSU.dll plugin, providing 'CPU temeperature', 'System temperature', 'CPU fan speed' and 'System fan speed' data sources for motherboards supported NVSU (aka nTune) BIOS SMI interface.
+ Added VidMem.dll plugin, providing 'Local videomemory usage' data source.
o Considering that the amount of displayed graphs has been drastically increased in the last versions and the OSD may not fit in single line when multiple values are displayed simultaneously, RivaTuner now uses different OSD layout and separates values with CR (Character Return) symbol instead of comma. However, power user may return the previous separator or define any new separator character(s) using OSDSeparator registry entry.
o Added 'Run server' button to the data source's properties. This button is active only when 'Show ... in on-screen display' is ticked and server is not loaded in memory. Now you may click it to quick load RivaTuner Statistics Server and automatically install it at windows startup.
* Improved graphics subsystem diagnostic report module:
o Improved compatibility with slow flashrom chips used on NV43 based boards. Thanks to Hilbert Hagedoorn for providing GeForce 6600 sample.
o Added performance level specific geometric clock domain delta detection for G70 BIOS images.
o Added hardware units mask decoding for NV43 based boards. Now RivaTuner also displays info about decoded hardware units mask in the NVStrap's pipeline configuration dialog.
o Now RivaTuner displays 3 independent domains clocks instead of single core clock on G70 GPUs in 'NVIDIA specific display adapter information' diagnostic report category.
o Added experimental DDR/DDR2/DDR3 detection for NVIDIA GPU based display adapters. Currently RivaTuner is the only tool detecting this info via direct access to hardware instead of using pre-created PCI DeviceID indexed memory type table.
o Improved hardware units mask detection. Now displayed mask is a combination of the primary and secondary mask registers, opposing to the primary mask displayed in the previous version.
* Added context help localization ability. Now RivaTuner tries to find context help in RivaTuner.hlp.<SystemLanguageID> first before defaulting to RivaTuner.hlp file. Compilable source of original RivaTuner's context help ready for localization is available upon email request.
* Updated SDK:
o Now all the samples share the same header files stored in SDK\Include folder.
o Added comments to the header files.
o Updated samples F75373S sample. Additionally to the previously demonstrated features, this sample demonstrates new I2C write functions usage.
o Added source code for new samples:
+ ADT7473 demonstrates monitoring via ADT7473 sensor.
+ NVSU demonstrates monitoring via NVSU SMI, additionally demonstrates PCR read and IO read / write functions usage.
+ VidMem demonstrates videomemory usage monitoring via the DirectDraw API.
+ MonitoringHostSample demonstrates usage of RivaTuner's monitoring plugins in third party host applications.
* Updated NVInfo v1.6 bundled DOS utility:
o Added NV44A GPU support.
o Revised memory bus type detection algorithm for some GPUs.
o Added experimental DDR/DDR2/DDR3 memory bus type detection.
* Revised I2C access synchronization standard. Take a note that the changes were accepted by all graphics tool creators, using previous standard revision (Everest, ATITool, SysTool etc.). New versions of these tools will also introduce the same changes, ensuring collision-free access to I2C.
* Added new Easter Eggs.
* FAQ updated.
* Minor UI changes and improvements.