View Single Post
Old Jan 1, 2012, 04:44 PM   #54
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Let's Golf 3

I hadn't seen this one mentioned. It's a "Freeium" game. Basically, you have "energy" which is used. 1 energy is one hole play. You get 5 energies when you start so that gives you a minimum of 5 hole plays before needing recharging. It takes 1 hour to charge 1 bolt of energy. You can earn energy when playing by leveling up, but you won't be leveling up on each hole. As you level up, you get level points to apply to your golfer's attributes like a RPG.

The load times are a bit long on my Xoom for the levels. Also, if you replay a hole/level, it basically has to load the hole/level over again. I'm not sure why they can't just reset your player without reloading the entire level..

You can use real money to purchase energy, but it appears you never "own" the game. You can also purchase clothes and accessories. These can also increase your golfer's attributes when worn.

Overall, the game itself is very good but I don't like the idea of their pricing model. I don't use my Xoom for my primary means on gaming, so playing 5-7 holes of "gaming golf" is enough for me in a day. However, it's something that may turn off others.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote