Thread: Apple thread
View Single Post
Old Sep 23, 2019, 10:05 PM   #58
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android1 View Post
Yeah, I read that it could handle changes in appearance such as the ones that you described. Beards too, if I recall correctly. Can Face ID unlock your phone while you are seated at a desk, or do you have to pick it up and look straight at it?

I never thought of someone having such problems with fingerprint readers. That is very interesting to know. But I am a guy who does not work with greasy or dirty things and washes his hands perhaps a little too often.

I like the capacitive fingerprint reader on my Nokia 7.1. It is very accurate, and the rear placement makes it easy to unlock one-handedly after I pull it out of my pocket. Having to pick it up to unlock it when it is placed upon a flat surface can be a bit of a pain, though.

when I did my roof last year the shingles removed the tips of my gloves and my fingerprints

Face ID seems to have a cone area it can open not just straight at it
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote