Since so many people ask about it lately i have thought it would be a good idea to create this thread... hope this helps everybody...
If you want to install the official ATi Catalyst Drivers do the follwing:
- Download the Catalyst-Driver from www.ati.com
- Download the Patje's Mobility Modder.
- Extract the driver by double-clicking the downloaded file (installer will fail with an error, this is expected).
- Start the MobilityModder and and specify the folder you extraced the files to. (You will not need to specify the folder if you used the standard C:\ATI for it, Mobility Modder detects it automatically).
- Mod the driver.
- If you want to manually start the installation (i.e. answered no to the question about installing the drivers right away) just find the folder you extraced the drivers to and run setup.exe there...
If you want to go the easy way just go to www.omegadrivers.net
and download the Omegadrivers, they will install without any additional work needed...