Thread: RE2 REMAKE!!!!
View Single Post
Old Jan 14, 2019, 09:19 AM   #101
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
I can appreciate what Resident Evil did for the genre, but it does not hold up well today versus the likes of Dead Space! That's all I'm sayin'.
Are we talking about the original PS1 version of RE2, or this remake?

I don't think we've seen enough of the new game yet to know for sure if it simply recycles the exact same gameplay mechanics as the game from 1998. But even if it does, lots of people (myself included) still think its a fun and relevant game to play. Not to mention, lots of RE fans have been asking for a return to the original survival horror style of the series for years and we're finally getting it.

Of course its not going to have the complexity of a game like Dead Space that was released a decade later. But I don't think it should be judged on those aspects. Lots of older games are still plenty of fun to play, and to see a classic like this remade in this way is just awesome and has tons of people excited for it.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote