Thread: Radeon 5770
View Single Post
Old Jun 21, 2010, 02:07 PM   #3
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumpwa View Post
Hello ATI graphics forum browsers, I'm considering buying a Radeon 5770 card for use in gaming. My question is, how long should I expect it to last before having to upgrade to something else? The most recent graphically updated game I play is Bad Company 2.

In other words, as of the day of writing this post, what is the expected lifetime of a Radeon 5770?
What resolution and quality settings do you play at?

AMD and NVIDIA are on a roughly yearly refresh at this point, but you can typically do an upgrade every other release to get a good bang/buck increase in performance. The next expected refresh from AMD is late the year, early next year (no official announcement, guessing) and the new NVIDIA mid range are due anytime now.

Last edited by caveman-jim : Jun 21, 2010 at 02:09 PM.
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad