Thread: Beat Saber VR
View Single Post
Old Nov 23, 2019, 06:05 PM   #8
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
I don't get the attraction, this games looks very boring...
You have to play it to understand it. Watching it looks boring, but actually playing it is a blast. It's one of those things where you can't truly understand the actual experience in VR by watching it on a flat screen. I don't think I've had anyone play it yet who didn't thoroughly enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyanBlues View Post
yep I agree, its like they have toddler easy on easy and then it goes expert mode in normal
It does ramp up fairly quickly, but those modes are not as challenging as they first seem. If you stick with it, you'll very quickly be able to adapt to the higher difficulty levels. It happens a lot sooner than you think. Your brain just has to learn how to recognize and react instinctively to the patterns without requiring conscious guidance. It's the same with other beat style games like DDR as well.

As far as the custom songs go, I do agree that it would be nice to have some lower difficulties. But I think the issue is most of the people making them are ones who already mastered the basic game and want more of a challenge for themselves.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote