Thread: Navi
View Single Post
Old Dec 29, 2017, 04:03 PM   #21
shadow001
Captain thread derail....

shadow001 once held a door open for a complete strangershadow001 once held a door open for a complete strangershadow001 once held a door open for a complete strangershadow001 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsykes View Post
I care less and less .... Still no Raytracing in the games.I don't see why we need a new gen so fast.Which game is really so resource hug that really worth a new700$ GPU .... Except the 4k teritory i don't see the point ...
THe irony is now i wish to test sound cards.Maybe the new Creative BlasterX AE5 and headphones ...
With all people screaming and bashing at AMD that they brought a "useless" generation of cards that is equivalent to nvidia almost 2 year old card i think the gaming market is stagnating.In 2018 they will sort out hopefully with prices and better node and we are good to go...Even if it's useless i feel is not critical anyway except for public image...

There is that point and it is indeed a good one, and we can also add that games take longer and longer to make when attempting to use the latest technology out there, easily 5+ years and having development teams well into the several hundred people working on the project the entire time.....As much as we think we know what Nvidia's high end Pascal or AMD's Vega can really do, we really don't since the games that require that much graphics capability are still on the drawing board, and the baseline for those future titles is still the console anyhow....It's been the reality for a long time now.

In my case, i'll be moving to LG's 5120*2160 display coming out in January, which obviously places even more load than regular 4K does, and given the experience I've had with my pair of Vega's on my current game collection, feel more than confident enough they've got the grunt to handle it which is the most important part of all.
shadow001 is offline   Reply With Quote