Thread: Navi
View Single Post
Old Dec 27, 2017, 04:47 PM   #16
shadow001
Captain thread derail....

shadow001 once held a door open for a complete strangershadow001 once held a door open for a complete strangershadow001 once held a door open for a complete strangershadow001 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
my 1080 ti strix is up 200

I really hope we see something out of AMD in h1 2018 better than vega
I don't doubt it at all......Both companies should sell as many GPU's as they can make, and have relatively little available in stock hence the higher prices, which no doubt will contribute to a fat bottom line for both.

As for the next generation for either company, Nvidia has tipped their hand with the latest Titan Volta and it's 815mm^ die and 21 Billion transistor budget, so a professional version of Navi needs to aim for the same level of performance of that version of Volta given it's likely 4 figure price tag, or not bother..... As for when we'll see gaming versions based of these architectures from both companies, it's anyone's guess though Nvidia should be ready first since Pascal has been on the market for as long as it has......Vega is a new arrival by comparison and AMD not likely releasing a gaming Navi until they absolutely have to.

Last edited by shadow001 : Dec 27, 2017 at 10:30 PM.
shadow001 is offline   Reply With Quote