Thread: Battlefield 3
View Single Post
Old Oct 28, 2011, 02:14 AM   #3788
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
SUMMARY
Overall, the top three maps that give the complete Battlefield experience are Caspian Border, Operation Firestorm, and Kharg Island. The maps that are a little too cramped for major vehicular warfare but offer fun infantry killing grounds are Grand Bazaar, Seine Crossing, and Noshahr Canals. The maps that either disappointed me greatly or that I feel flat out suck are Operation Metro, Damavand Peak, and Tehran Highway. So three large maps, three small maps, and three maps that I don't like at all at this time. I really expected better map design from DICE and Operation Metro is easily their worst Conquest map to date. Hopefully in 2012 we'll see more, better maps to play and the Karkand pack that releases later this year will give us some large maps to play in a different setting to help scratch that oldschool Battlefield "itch."
Agreed mostly but in comparison to BC2 maps it's quite a big step up. In fact that game really only had one "largish" map for conquest and that was Atacama Desert. White Pass, Laguna Alta, Panama Canal (tank sniping yay) and Laguna Presa were frequently played CQ maps but they weren't big (bout the size of tehran highway really).

In some respects the inconsistent map quality is down to the fact that they wanted everything playable in all the modes. They didn't do that in BC2 (patched it later as "new" maps).

My point is that I think the map quality and range is better than BC2, I think that firestorm and caspian are better than any of the BC2 maps and possibly better than all of them combined. Of course BF2 maps were huge and open conquest marvels, at least we get a few of those free in a few months. Have you tried rush and deathmatch on the non-conquest friendly maps? So far I've enjoyed them more than BC2.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote