View Single Post
Old Jan 22, 2019, 04:25 PM   #23
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
I have a hard time believing 4 cards in a row are all bad. Are you sure connections are all good? PSU isn't on the edge?
One of thier reps did admit to me they are having some QA issues that they are rectifying, and apologized for it. One of the very minor things is, the 3rd card I received had a large hair just sticking out of the fan right when I opened it up from the box. I know that means nothing, it's a hair. But it really goes to show if they can't remove a simple hair before packaging a card, how can you really expect any level of quality on their testing? How little time are they really spending with these cards?

Had no problems with the 7870 running in it's place. I even took it out, put it in wifes PC and couldn't get through 3D mark. I put it back into my PC and it started doing the same thing.

I actually did figure out how to make it "stable" I have to move the voltage slider to 50% at stock clocks and it seems ok, but it was very limited testing.

Anyways, EVGA did step up. They are sending me a NIB 2070. They even overnighted it, no questions asked. Hell of an upgrade from a 980 Ti.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote