View Single Post
Old Mar 4, 2011, 04:30 PM   #141
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO** View Post
I would like tablets to have usb (or whatever the standard was) connections because $$$$ proprietary connections wouldnt be needed. As for specifics, going off the top of my head, some tablets dont have cameras and by having a usb i would be able to hook up my web cam. External storage? What if i want to copy my camera pics onto it so i can share with people around me? Also not everyone has wifi or networked printers. Again if we sat around and walked through a computer/hobby store im sure we would be able to find a bunch more. The idea is that USB is so widely used it can offer so much more. I would also like to have an HDMI connection so i would be able to hook a tablet up to my HT so i can share movies and music. MMmmMMmMMMMMm...
That's the other argument for USB, peripherals.

Except the problem is, do tablets even support peripherals (outside of a full blown Win 7 tab, which is like a laptop anyhow)? You'd need to develop drivers for your tab OS and to ensure mass compatibility, it'd have to become bloated. The device that meets the usage cases you mentioned isn't a tablet, it's a mobile computer replacement. Something like a laptop or pc tablet.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote