Thread: Apple thread
View Single Post
Old Sep 23, 2019, 09:38 PM   #55
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Android1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
I did the Face ID setup at my desk without a hat or glasses

I was surprised as hell it opened every time today riding my bike with Helmet and riding sun glasses on

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had much more problems with the fingerprint ID on my note 8 and mechanic's hands
grease, dirt and cuts
Yeah, I read that it could handle changes in appearance such as the ones that you described. Beards too, if I recall correctly. Can Face ID unlock your phone while you are seated at a desk, or do you have to pick it up and look straight at it?

I never thought of someone having such problems with fingerprint readers. That is very interesting to know. But I am a guy who does not work with greasy or dirty things and washes his hands perhaps a little too often.

I like the capacitive fingerprint reader on my Nokia 7.1. It is very accurate, and the rear placement makes it easy to unlock one-handedly after I pull it out of my pocket. Having to pick it up to unlock it when it is placed upon a flat surface can be a bit of a pain, though.
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote