Thread: Dying Light 2
View Single Post
Old Aug 30, 2019, 09:01 AM   #51
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumilsingh View Post
Technologically, it's the single biggest leap since probably games went 3D.
Nothing else comes close; not hardware T&L, not dynamic lighting, not bumpmapping and definitely not antialiasing.

But graphically, it's more of a hop because devs have gotten so good at using tricks to create fake lighting.
ish. if they had taken the right route and gone voxels from the start, instead of just faking it with sprites and the like, then it would probably have come in more naturally along side voxels. also ray tracing has been around for a long time, even since 3d was chosen as the leading pathway for visuals, so actually using it in games is more of the graphical and visual side i was meaning. In that snse its definitely still one of the most important, but it's not as fantastic a step as it once would have been.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote