View Single Post
Old May 11, 2022, 08:18 PM   #828
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
Digital Foundry's podcast this week, had some discussion about whether or not Sony or Microsoft could try to enter the handheld market. One point that really struck me, is that the Series S spec is far more likely to be within reach of a steamdeck-style portable device in the upcoming years.

Could it be that this is xbox's strategy... To have a lower-end sku that all games are compatible with, in preparation for an eventual portable? If so, it's pretty genius. It would be nearly impossible for Sony to follow suit, as every studio would have to release an updated lower-tier version of every game in order to make the compatible, whereas the Xbox ecosystem already has that support built in to their library.
As great as this may be, I think it's rather obvious Microsoft is concentrating their efforts on the cloud. All I can see in the future is them relying on mobile devices to stream their games with their Game Pass subscription.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote