View Single Post
Old May 11, 2006, 01:37 PM   #13
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidavi
will monsters level up with you?

I'm planning to do all the side missions first and then when I'm really leveled up, start closing the other 15 gates.
Monsters level up with you to some extent. But thus far, what I have seen is that the monsters change as you level. As in there are newer stronger types and the old ones that you've been fighting all this time are still there with similar health points but they die quicker because of your now, more powerful, blade / magic etc.

Another thing to note is that there are not only 16 Oblivion gates. They respawn as you level up, so the higher the level, the more Oblivion gates you will notice spawning left and right. I recommend that you finish off the main quest first and then do the guild / side quests. I am at level 21 now and main quest is increasingly hard. I wish I could've gone back and completed it before the side quests, but what is done is done.

Anyways, get the Umbra sword and you can pretty much own anything. At Level 21 it does about 25 damage w/ soul trap (constant recharge ftw ) and I have used it exclusively for Oblivion gates. In all other places I use my glass longsword.

I am around 90+ Blade skill btw so maybe that is causing the increased damage ability too.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote