View Single Post
Old Jan 24, 2017, 12:23 AM   #27
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaidarHaran View Post
If the Switch fails this will be Nintendo's last hoorah. Oh sure, their iconic franchises and characters will survive, but they'll be on other platforms which means they'll never be the same. They'll become the new Sega.
If the switch succeeds then we'll see more stupid from Nintendo because they'll think Lightning struck twice and theyre smarter than everyone else.

If the switch fails I think theres going to be a company shakeup from the top down and/or they may partner with another company (hey lets say sega) and then try to create this super ultra mega console. If it flops worse than Wii-U they may pull have no choice but to pull out of hardware.

If the switch does somewhere in between (successful enough to keep the company alive) I'm guessing this would be their wakeup call to release a "normal" console next go around. Not necessarily the most powerful but something that can run multiplatforms enough without having to redo everything because its too different (lower the resolution, scale back the graphics quality a bit). Provide enough storage, provide enough ram, architecture matches the competition, enough GPU and CPU power that devs need). Then they can rebuild themselves this way without conceding defeat. Or they might just be content to be this 'secondary console for families' and just release weak stuff because people buy it.

Its obvious that they are working on contingencies: NES mini, amiibo, the mobile titles, the 3ds line isn't actually being 'replaced' by the switch.

They also have a lot of dormant IP that could spark interest in a switch version too. A new Metroid is being clamored for, Starfox needs an actual new game with a new story and not another remake/reboot for every system..., Kirby could use a more traditional game, Kid Icarus could find a home in HD, F-Zero needs to come back (sometimes people just WANT a newer/updated version of a game Miyamoto.....look at all the CoD's, and I'm sure nothing really needs to be fundamentally changed for a racing title....), Animal Crossing could be revived back to its original style, I think people want a Pikmin 4,
I think even some of the more obscure Japanese only releases could find a niche (Captain Rainbow, Disaster: Day of Crisis) if they were fleshed out more. Non portable versions of Fire Emblem, Bring back Batallion wars/Advance wars (those were fun!), Make a new Duck hunt in HD, etc.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset

Last edited by Sasquach : Jan 24, 2017 at 12:33 AM.
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote