View Single Post
Old Jun 10, 2019, 10:12 AM   #3
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by alitayyab View Post
the specs for the next ps and xbx are so similar. Both are promising very similar features; Ray Tracing, 4K with 8k support, 120Hz refresh rate and faster storage.

It was my impression that Sony was funding some of AMD research specifically for the next PS. I guess that this wasnt in the realm of exclusivity.

The next gen console war will be down to exclusives. With MS gobbling up developers I see the next round to be more balanced in terms of unit sales of both MS and Sony

I also dont see a very bright future for nintendo. It is now in the habit of making devices that have a certain wow factor that quickly wears off. It will go down the same course as Sega and figure out that going software only across multiple platforms will make it so much more money.

That leaves the PC. If the next gen xbx/PS can actually deliver 4k @ 120Hz without any advanced Ray Tracing and cost ~400-500 I would be very hard pressed to upgrade my PC as it would make so much more sense to just pick up both consoles.

The only advantage the PC really offers over consoles is piracy and I havent touched a pirated game in over a decade not even to just try it out.
Your insane if you think Nintendo is done or done soon.
They struck gold with the Switch, and they always seem to have a safe niche with the younger crowd and bringing gameplay experiences that are a bit different than your typical "MOAR GRAPHICS!!!" that appeals to the dudebro crowd.

Besides, more consoles again? I don't feel this current generation has really been all that long and they're already getting ready for the next? It feels like fewer and fewer titles are getting released before the next gen comes...
I'm not all that interest beyond PS4 (which I haven't even gotten yet....) and all the buzzwords eye candy stuff isn't convincing me. Ray tracing? 8k? Why the hell do I need that? I have a basic 4k TV and I dont even have anything that uses 4k.....
all the "immersion" and cinematic experiences just dont really make me want to play anything more than once.....
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad