View Single Post
Old Apr 10, 2012, 08:03 PM   #8
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
Some people are just fixated with crap like that. They will use the smallest thing to tear something down and by the same token, you'll notice they will also more than likely completely overlook the biggest defects in other products because of one wow-worthy feature.

Example, most review sites say the new Dell XPS 13 ultrabook is pretty awesome all around. And yet, Engadget and a couple of other sites couldn't get over the fact that it didn't have quite as many ports for SD cards or whatever as some other product. These same reviewers will go through a ton of other products with the exact same deficiencies and never say anything but magically on ONE product, it becomes the sole reason not to recommend it.

Stuff like that irritates the crap out of me.
Pentile displays just look like crap to my eyes, there's no two ways about it. Even the RAZR's screen just isn't optimal, it still looks like a pentile display. Compare any pentile screen to any IPS screen and try and say pentile is superior or even on par, I don't think you'll be able to. Your example, while sort of valid, still doesn't deal with something you have to look at every single time you use the device, it's not dealing with the main point of interaction with said device, so it's much more trivial.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote