View Single Post
Old Sep 22, 2019, 06:03 AM   #43
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

It's sad that we still don't have the contrast and lack of ghosting that CRTs had. It says more about how slow progress on LCDs has been than how great CRTs were.

With that being said, CRTs are obsolete and dead for a reason. Whatever their advantages were more than outweighed by their ridiculous size, horrible flicker at low refresh rate (I could not even use a CRT running at 60 Hz), eye strain even at higher refresh rates, and excessive power consumption.

I stuck with CRTs longer than most, because the first few generations of LCDs were unusable, in my opinion. But those days have long passed. For the few situations now where a CRT is better, I'll still take an LCD for being superior the other 99% of the time.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote