Thread: Lumia 920
View Single Post
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:52 AM   #10
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
i played with the s3 in best buy and it was to big just did not feel right to me
but i was also planning on and need one in my work a case like otterbox defender and how much it will grow
the 4s with the defender is still smaller than the s3 other than thickness
The fact that the SG3 is so thin is what makes it tolerable to me. It is just right up there at the limit of what I find acceptable. I don't use cases though. I have never had a case that doesn't just kill the feel of the phone for me.

Maybe an iphone case makes sense because the hand feel of that phone is already terrible. It is basically a hard rectangular brick that is too heavy for its size. I think the reason they take falling so badly isn't the glass back, but the overall weight and inflexibility of the phone. When it hits the ground it has to absorb more energy and the absorption isn't broadly distributed.