View Single Post
Old Jul 7, 2002, 04:15 AM   #19
grog
No longer on Rage3d

grog is still being judged by the masses

Cool Just want drivers that fix problems and are stable

Does not matter to me if the driver is beta "leaked" or officially released. I only care if they address problems I need fixed and they are stable. As long as I have time to test them I will. But if they do not meet my test standards I still with what works for me.

At this point the released Catalist drivers do not pass my testing.

6094 --- Does not pass.. Explorer crash issue.
6102 --- Does not pass.. Explorer crash issue.
6107 --- Does not pass.. Explorer crash issue.

See my thread on latest 6107 testing done.

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthre...0&pagenumber=6

If I find a beta driver that works and passes my testing and then ATI releases a newer driver that does not pass my testing. Guess what, I will stay with the beta set of drivers.

All and all. The bug I have seen are very small indeed. The original drivers released with the 8500DV (3286) were very stable graphics drivers.
More stable than anything I had seen with any other card up to that point. I am now using the 6071 drivers with MMC 7.6 and I am very happy with them. There are a few issues I know are resolved in the newer drivers. But it is a question of stability verses features. The TV scheduler for example will not work if the screen saver is active in WinXP. I know this was fixed in the later drivers but until the explorer bug is fixed I am sticking with the 6071 drivers for stability..

Greg

Greg
grog is offline   Reply With Quote