Thread: Navi Reviews
View Single Post
Old Jul 16, 2019, 09:01 AM   #50
AllexxisF1
I'm Back.

AllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

After spending the weekend getting the house ready for the In-Laws visit, I finally got to do some gaming last night with the RX5700XT.

Initial impressions (going from GeForce 970)
  • Skipping two generations is one helluva upgrade.
  • The card is bloody quick.
  • The Catalyst software suite is polished and fantastic.
  • I like the look of the blower card, dent and all. Reminds me of a Formula One car shrink-wrapped body panels.
  • Case temps improved with the replacement of the 970.
  • Temperatures for the card and case are perfectly within scope.
  • I can play all my titles in Ultra for 1080p.
  • So far, I have been able to play Cars in VR at ultra settings and its smooth.
  • DCS World, ramped up the graphics all the way up in VR, the exception of some setting (shadows flat, etc.)

I'm putting this last entry separated from the list above because I want it to stand out. I have spent the early part of my PC Gaming life enjoying ATi video cards and before that, 3DFx. After 2004, I have moved exclusively to Nvidia.

This is my first ATi (AMD) card in 14 years and I can conclusively say, without a shadow of a doubt, that ATi cards have the best image quality. Especially in terms of color saturation and black levels. For 14 years Nvidia has delivered washed out garbage, and I've just gotten used to it. Like a battered wife syndrome. Even after setting the correct HDMI color profile, etc.. The visuals I witnessed last night across numerous titles, felt bold, colorful and contrast-ey heaven.

I know there will be arguments on both sides, and it is a subjective thing, but to my darling eyes, ATi just plain has better visuals. It's downright gorgeous and I could not be happier with my purchase of the RX5700XT.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote