View Single Post
Old Aug 3, 2015, 07:12 AM   #47
bacon
1/2" shy boss

bacon can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultybacon can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
Or you just have an ego.

In the real world compensation quite often has little to do with job performance and/or real responsibilities, only perceived ones.

I have worked my way up through my company the last 11 years and during that time I have encountered entry level employees that absolutely bust their ass while at the same time observing management that was completely useless and just rode on the backs of those below them.

Even using my own career development as an example I willingly admit that it's bullshit. I have a fancy title with salary to match, I work from home, and I am able to largely do as I please with little oversight.

But do I actually work any harder? Not really. I would say the skill set and knowledge necessary to perform my role is greater, but that doesn't mean I am doing more. Am I any more stressed? No. If anything I feel my job is much easier and more laid back than it ever has been.

I certainly don't delude myself into thinking I am better/more important/more deserving than anyone else.
In a higher phase of communist society, after the enslaving subordination of the individual to the division of labor, and therewith also the antithesis between mental and physical labor, has vanished; after labor has become not only a means of life but life's prime want; after the productive forces have also increased with the all-around development of the individual, and all the springs of co-operative wealth flow more abundantly—only then can the narrow horizon of bourgeois right be crossed in its entirety and society inscribe on its banners: From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs!
bacon is offline   Reply With Quote