View Single Post
Old Aug 2, 2015, 08:56 PM   #39
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieBloke View Post
This is the thing though:

You're working in a job. Before the pay-rise of others, you were happy, or at least content with the income you had.

Then you become aware that others are getting as much (or almost as much) as you. Now you're not happy with what you have. All because of what someone else has.

That, to me, is just stupid. If they weren't happy with their current pay before the pay-rise, they should have said something. Who knows, maybe they did and they were knocked back. They could have walked then. But to bitch about it afterwards just smacks of "Wah, Wah, Wah, I feel more superior than THOSE people so I should be getting more!" And sure, maybe their job position is more demanding, or has more responsibility. But it seems ludicrous to me to walk out on a job you already have for the reasons I've already mentioned.
Why is that stupid?

If we are working and I assume in my naivete that I am being paid ostensibly for performance, is it then bad when I find out that the average Joe down the hall is making the SAME money for half the work?

In a normal work environment, you are going to have a lot of people who work hard to learn new skills and deliver on key pillars and initiatives, or what have you, in order to EARN that promotion. I would have done exactly what these other employees have who have moved on to something that suits them better.

Keep in mind that the company the CEO runs can continue doing what it is doing and what not. Those employees are not married to this company and they have the right to choose what fits best for them.

We all have finite productive lifespans in various earning capacities. If they are unable to maximise their earning potential while they are in their prime, they are going to be working harder later in life to make up for that, at least to maintain a particular standard of living and so on and so forth.

-edit-

Please note, I agree with your sentiment. But in the world we live in today, this is just how it works in many parts.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote