View Single Post
Old Apr 21, 2017, 08:46 PM   #9
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I personally wouldn't use it, but for someone on a budget or who doesn't take computers/overclocking that seriously, I see it being a decent alternative. Considering Ryzen doesn't overclock particularly well anyway and it seems to be mostly voltage limited, you're only giving up probably 100 MHz by running with the Wraith Spire. It's nice that the box cooler is actually halfway decent and capable of at least supporting minor overclocking. I doubt the higher temperatures will have a very significant impact on longevity.

You have to realize that a lot of stuff us enthusiasts do (best cooler possible, optimizing case airflow, etc) offer really kind of marginal improvements. It's better, but we're really not gaining that much for the effort/extra money we put in.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote