View Single Post
Old Jul 3, 2017, 08:50 AM   #506
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

You should see if you can get a mount to move the camera behind you so you can also study your hand movements. The slide looked catch-able but it's hard to tell without seeing the driver as well.

Here's some info that I send NASA students:

Quote:
Telemetry systems can be costly, and aren’t all that useful unless you know someone whom you can share data with. However, GoPro’s are relatively inexpensive and can be great for learning where you can improve. A few tips for using a Go Pro:

A. Mount it inside the car where you can see your steering inputs. This will allow you do see how your hands are working, and see if you have the “death grip” on the wheel when driving. It also allows you to see how quickly you are responding to your car and where your turn-in points are.

B. Make sure whereever you mount it, you can still hear the engine well (sometimes getting the exhaust note is even better, but a little hard without a remote microphone). This will let you know when you are not full throttle, letting off the throttle too early, or not getting on the throttle soon enough. You can also use the sound to compare videos of the same track with others found on YouTube (i.e. listen to know when they are using their throttle). I use a Fuzzy Micover Windscreen for the GoPro which works better than using the water tight cover for decent sound, although it’s not pretty.

C. Study your own videos, often! I often watch my own track videos hundreds of times I’m watching my steering inputs, listening to my throttle, and checking my braking and turn-in points. Just before I go back to the same track, I’ll study the older videos to know what areas I’m going to improve before hitting the track.
Mahjik is online now   Reply With Quote