View Single Post
Old Apr 12, 2019, 11:28 AM   #4
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
As I understand it, Chromium web standards are becoming more prevalent and the standard MS Edge browser of course doesn't follow those standards, so some parts of web browsing simply didn't work on Edge.

Easy solution is just use Chromium as the engine for a new browser..

Makes sense to me. However, it would be nice if MS didn't try to make all their own "standards" like with that Silverlight crap, etc. I believe thats what created this rift in web standards to begin with.

The browser wars will wage on for some time.
google is getting way too powerful. i like chrome because of the amount of extensions available but google could get rid of the ones they don't like tomorrow .

looks like MS has completely given up on their own browser, and once they switch over to the Chrome version full-time, i have a feeling Google will clean house.