View Single Post
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:57 AM   #24
0091/2
We Do It!

0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hl33td4rg0n View Post
1. What's useful for one person may not be useful for another. I use OneNote, not memo. I don't find NFC payments worthwhile, so I still use my cards... etc etc
2. If I want an app with a specific function, I'll get it in the Play Store.
3. It's one thing to pre-install apps, which is perfectly fine... Unless you don't want them and can't remove them. I believe that's called Shovelware.
4. Uninstalling things you don't want/need is not gimping your phone, it's removing things you don't want/need.

It's no different than when companies pre-install crap like McAfee, one-stop-shop-photo-print-shop, and other garbage on pre-built desktops and laptops. At least those can be removed. Imagine if Dell or Lenovo prevented you from uninstalling their bundled software.

That's true but by getting rid of memo you lose off screen memo, no? Who likes to unlock their phone every-time to write something?
Samsung pay is not only NFC you can use it with magnetic stripe readers. You lighten your wallet and add security to your purchases. I thought Samsung pay is gonna be gimmicky but I use it on all my purchase, I even use it to swipe myself in my bank ATM. The worst thing about Samsung pay is you have your wallet even if you forgot it.
Those are 2 of many distinguishing features of the note line. Another feature is translation, I rarely use it but the option is there.

Those apps aren't the same as crappy software bundle you mention. Obviously you never use it if group as such.
Anyone who use it once can see the usefulness of it. Removing major features is gimping your phone. It's a really dumb thing to do. The apps don't get in the way and the resources it uses is negligible. More useful to have the option than not. Unused RAM and storage are wasteful. Well, it's not my phone so they can do whatever they want. The reason to remove them isn't very smart but whatever.

Current Desktop [2016]
Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 860Pro 512GB/ 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w

Last edited by 0091/2 : Oct 18, 2018 at 12:22 PM.
0091/2 is offline   Reply With Quote