Thread: HD 7850 mod
View Single Post
Old Oct 28, 2013, 01:52 PM   #3
WaltC
Captain Know-it-all

Location: United States Deep in Martian soil where it's warm and the air is good
WaltC is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyreTheWolf View Post
I have a Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB model that I have overclocked... It still runs plenty cool, so there shouldn't be any issues with longevity.

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/kff2y/

Stock OCed
Core: 860 1050
Mem: 1200 1450

I have hit the end of the sliders for MSI Afterburner. Going to have to find a way to raise the limit as I dont think that I have hit the end of what this card is capable of.
Have the same card, mine is overclocked the same as yours ROOB, but I get that overclocked with the stock Catalysts. I experimented with AB and found that I could indeed take the card higher, but in order to do so I had to adjust the voltage upwards(not locked on my 7850 2GB), and I didn't feel comfortable doing that, really, as the real performance gains were minimal after 1.05GHz obtainable under stock voltage (28C idle, ~70C under max load.) AMD is getting good yields with these gpus.
Login or Register to remove this ad