View Single Post
Old Jun 8, 2012, 08:42 PM   #13
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I don't know what you mean by 'I dont get the fuzz'. Do you mean fuss? (I know English is not your native language, not trying to be rude just asking to be clear)

The fuss is, at around 1.1Ghz the Radeon HD 7970 is close to the same performance as the GeForce GTX 680.

#1 This means more speed out of the box, and tying or winning the performance crown. This means price war. Everybody loves a price war.

#2 the GeForce GTX 680 is faster than the current 7970 and uses less power. It's more efficient. This new binning lets them fix that perception.

#3 the dual GPU 7990 needs to be fast, faster than the GTX 690. Stock Tahiti GPU's aren't going to do that.

#4 the biggest fuss is, of course, if you thought the back-and-forth between AMD fans and NV fans was bad before, now it's going to be ludicrous. demo is going to be on a rampage like you've never seen, and shadow will be trying to sell his cards to get the new ones, it's going to be a mess. oh so messy. INCOMING!
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote