View Single Post
Old Jan 9, 2018, 02:33 PM   #173
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow001 View Post
Seems that Intel's current CEO dumped 39 million $ of Intel stock just before the news broke out of the meltdown and spectre exploits, keeping only the minimum required:

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/int...tre,36280.html

Article states that the impact on desktop users should be minimal, but both ARM and Nvidia's own CPU's are just as affected as Intel's, with AMD's chips being less affected by the issue, and the potential lawsuits from those running databases or web services could climb into the billions... Ouch.
I have to say, I find it amusing that the companies with the largest R&D budget, are also the ones effected the most by this due to their flawed design.. Yet the company with the smallest R&D budget not effected nearly as much becasue their design is less flawed, which in my book makes it a better design over all.

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote