View Single Post
Old Jan 8, 2018, 11:02 AM   #161
shadow001
Captain thread derail....

shadow001 once held a door open for a complete strangershadow001 once held a door open for a complete strangershadow001 once held a door open for a complete strangershadow001 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Now that I think about it, it could be an interesting break for AMD since their 12nm generation Ryzen's are already sampling and will be released starting in April, and even assuming that there's no IPC enhancements at all ( doubt it but it's possible ), the lower power requirements versus the existing 14nm one means higher default clock speeds and potential overclocks too, which when combined with the meltdown and spectre bugs for Intel reducing performance even if by just a few percentage points, might make the upcoming performance match up a little bit closer than Intel would like.

Add the second generation thread ripper in the second half of this year, which I'm hoping they pull a new 24 core / 48 thread version at the high end, seriously laying the smackdown on Intel's 18 core high end for X299 setups, and I'd happily pay 1500$ for said processor since it's a huge amount of CPU power for the money paid.

Add the 12 nm process also being applied to Vega, and AMD has a busy year indeed.....
shadow001 is offline   Reply With Quote