Thread: VR Roomscale
View Single Post
Old Dec 11, 2019, 02:16 PM   #2
Jet Black
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by John C Flett View Post
The release of Boneworks and the announcement about HL Alyx has made me wonder about how other users get on with roomscale VR.

Having had my setup for just over a year I've settled mostly into seated VR for sim games. This suits me fine as they're things I played anyway and DCS World was probably my key title for VR.

Roomscale in my experience was the one that fell most short of the promise because I simply don't have the space to do it justice, just short of 3mx3m.

So I was just wondering how that compares with other users here. How much space have you been able to free up or has roomscale just been impractical for you?
With my Quest wirelessly I can take it anywhere in the house but haven't really done that yet. I found in my den with the computer playing Arizona Sunshine in an odd shaped 3mx1m pathway was mostly "playable" but I needed to reset myself and warp around on occasion. I definitely think that roomscale VR is more enjoyable when you're not being warned by your headset that you're leaving the space. Maybe over the holidays I'll try to make a larger space but yeah, nothing much bigger than what you've played in for me so far.

Last edited by Jet Black : Dec 11, 2019 at 03:18 PM.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote