View Single Post
Old Dec 5, 2017, 11:50 PM   #868
KAC
RGB mofo, do you have it!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
The durability system kind of sucks if youre a person who likes the run with a certain type of weapon through the whole game... but its designed that way obviously. It forces people to switch weapons, be on their tows, and encourages strict item management. At first I didnt like it as much but it forced me to use other weapons I normally wouldnt and think about battle a little differently. I never wasted any good weapons on crap mobs.
I have no issues with durability as a concept and definitely do not want to run around with a single weapon. Heck, I spent 52 hours in Ass Creed not too long ago and was constantly upgrading and switching my weaponry. Similarly, many RPGs have had durability implementations with constant use of repair kits and what not.

What is wrong and takes me completely out of the game is the mid battle switching of weapons, constant weapon breakage, and running short of any form of ammo since you never know how much damage you can expect to deal with the current set of weapons. I am ok with a calculated approach to combat (think Skyrim, Witcher 2 or 3) and taking my time to strategize but taking me out of the game mid combat repeatedly is just not on.

Anyways, I have said enough about this everywhere so I am going to stop. People who enjoy Zelda, more power to them; it is not for me.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote