View Single Post
Old Dec 4, 2017, 09:49 AM   #853
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
The idea was they wanted you to get creative with how you approached each enemy encounter, and not just always rely on the same method of attack. In almost every situation there were literally dozens of ways to dispatch enemies, be it using your traditional weapons or several interactive environmental elements. If you were playing the game trying to use the same weapon all the time you were missing the point. Basically I think the Eventide Island side quest was how they were hoping you would play the entire game--just always improvising with whatever you presently had at your disposal.

Sure its arguable they could have gone about relaying the message to the player better, but it the end I think most people who enjoyed the game understood it. But I'd say it wasn't as much a problem as many make it seem. The game starts you off with the more fragile weapons in the beginning, so as to get you experimenting with others tactics. Then later on after you've figured out how you personally want to play the game they start giving you more durable weaponry.
They've basically forced me to not use weapons when possible, so I try to time my battles out and use explosive runes most of the time... I'm actually to a point where I hardly have any weapons at all right now, all my good weapons broke, it's really zapped my will to play the game.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote