View Single Post
Old Dec 4, 2017, 09:22 AM   #852
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I wish Zelda at least had the option to turn off weapon breaking or tone back how fragile everything is. Completely pulled me out of the game.
The idea was they wanted you to get creative with how you approached each enemy encounter, and not just always rely on the same method of attack. In almost every situation there were literally dozens of ways to dispatch enemies, be it using your traditional weapons or several interactive environmental elements. If you were playing the game trying to use the same weapon all the time you were missing the point. Basically I think the Eventide Island side quest was how they were hoping you would play the entire game--just always improvising with whatever you presently had at your disposal.

Sure its arguable they could have gone about relaying the message to the player better, but it the end I think most people who enjoyed the game understood it. But I'd say it wasn't as much a problem as many make it seem. The game starts you off with the more fragile weapons in the beginning, so as to get you experimenting with others tactics. Then later on after you've figured out how you personally want to play the game they start giving you more durable weaponry.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote