View Single Post
Old Jan 27, 2020, 08:26 PM   #4
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post

what does a card launch have to do with driver problems
Watch the video? Their last 4 GPU launches have been plagued by driver issues of all kinds; overclocking literally NOT WORKING AT ALL due to the Radeon software, games not launching or graphical anomalies (Eisberg is an example, and this is months after release..), CTDs, weird issues with Windows displaying odd colors during bootup or first install of drivers..

Then we get to the Radeon VII, a card that was essentially unusable by people who bought one on release day for weeks. Not once have I ever had an NV card in that kind of state and I've more than a fair share on release.

Quote:
my gtx 680's had tons of problems at launch and took NV almost 6 months to fix all of them
I had 2 GTX680s on launch and rarely ran into issues that weren't correctable myself, and that was while running SLI. While I've certainly had inconveniences with NV drivers at times (and that hasn't been an issue since the last cards I ran SLI with, aka the GTX680s), I've never had something that I couldn't work around through NVInspector.

Quote:
and I seem to remember something called a GTX 970 3.5GB
Hardware issue, not a driver issue. The card still functioned and worked, even though that was shady marketing and NV was justifiably crucified for it.

Quote:
yes AMD stepped on their sword here they will get over it
Will they? Because they've made the exact same mistakes with 4 consecutive launches. Clearly it's not clicking in that office, or they just don't care about QC in the GPU division.

AMD needs to be majorly criticized because they've done an absolutely garbage job of QC and preparation for their GPU launches. Their CPU side has batted 1000 and knocked homeruns for 3 releases now - there is no more excuses, no more "Poor AMD.." crap. These guys are failing the company by botching their launches because they can't put out stable Day1 software. It's unacceptable.

I want to buy a Big Navi or an AMD card when they finally take the performance crown again (and they will, it's just a matter of time), but if their cards are releasing like this on launch, I'll pass. I haven't had a single driver issue in years, pretty much ever since I stopped running mGPU.

Quote:
and as for my 2080 ti

RTX has delayed more games than are out

and DLSS is a ****en joke at 4k
This has nothing to do with the topic at hand, Bill, even though I agree with you.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote