View Single Post
Old Apr 1, 2019, 11:47 AM   #10
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSGRUNT View Post
Google indicates it is not an uncommon problem. There are things one can do to improve it. I was not able to eliminate it on my home PC and my work PC(corp IT managed) is awful.

Open folder, right click file, get menu and properties for parent folder... Just happened this AM on my work PC.
Some dumb questions:
1) Is Windows on an SSD or HDD?
2) Are there any apps installed that added context menu items? Or is it vanilla?
3) How long is the lag? Seconds? Milliseconds?
4) Have you tried using an I/O or process monitor to see if anything spikes as the menu is loading?

It's weird that you're experiencing this, as I don't see it on my desktop or any of the laptops in my house. Not arguing that it isn't happening for you or many others, guess I'm just lucky.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote