View Single Post
Old Dec 7, 2019, 01:40 PM   #424
jimmyboy
Walk it off!

jimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akumajo View Post
Don't you see that's how they manipulate your heart strings of nostalgia, setting you up he suckered up?

It wasn't just the newbie that sucked, it was the nanny or babysitter and a 50 year old yoda clone that has completely black eyes and makes human baby sounds and that bizarre scene with the sand people and why the hell does everyone know to call him "Mando"? This show is a sh#t show sitcom basically... no real depth and no genuine geekiness like the OT and PT that came from George Lucas's soul... this is cookie cutter as hell... already "Mando" is another "John Snow" character or maybe it's too soon to heal from that crap fest.

One thing that really bothers me is that Disney is dictating their rule on a sensitive character type like Yoda... even if 50 years has a variable, turtles and frogs develop into adolescence and adulthood and pretty much go on a long lifespan. Hell even the children turtles in Finding Nemo had dialogue that wasn't manipulative to casual non Star Wars ppl which is the gimmick here lol sad
Of course I can see it. This is Di$ney Star Wars. I either watch this show or I don't, just like with the movies. I know what they are going in.

What people seem to be missing is the reality that this is a Western. That explains the kinds of stories we're seeing, and the music. When people realize that it's a Western set in the Star Wars universe, then maybe they'll either chill out and enjoy it for what it is, or they'll move on. Either way there'll be a bit more peace in the world.

So I watch it knowing what it is, and I enjoy what there is to enjoy. In this episode I saw Mos Eisley, a space battle, and a some neat costumes.
jimmyboy is offline   Reply With Quote