View Single Post
Old Dec 20, 2019, 08:22 AM   #74
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziklitschli View Post
Jesus. So, having two screens next to each other, a 32.5' 1080p and 4k 65" - same pixel size, same distance - displaying a black cable line with a blue sky as a background, the latter has it less aliased why exactly? Because of "resolution clarity"? What precisely do you mean saying that and what does it even have to do with aliasing?

Let's ask nVidia then:

http://phrogz.net/tmp/ScreenDensityC...31,distUnit:in

"The perceived 'visual density' of the screen, and thus the amount of anti-aliasing possibly needed to make computer graphics look convincing and smooth is dependent on the pixel density of the screen (the 'ppi) and the distance to the user's eyes".

Seems they sweep "resolution clarity" under the rug as well.

You have to increase resolution without linear increase in size to benefit from high res when it comes to anti-aliasing. No spin required, just basic logic.

As for technical overview and ghosting, I posted an extensive one from a dev in my post to SirPauly, above the one I'm addressing right now.

Not touching the rest of the post now, I'm in the mountains, soon to go up and can''t keep draining the battery, will read and adress when I'm back.
Hey man, that website doesn't really support your case in real world scenarios we've been talking about.

Office PC: 27" 1080P at 2 feet away:

34.6 ppd is below 20/20 vision. You will likely need strong anti-aliasing to hide artifacts.

Gaming PC: 65" LG 4k at 5 feet away (max distance, I often sit closer depending if I'm slouching on the couch or sitting forward controller in hand):

76 ppd is above the 20/20 vision threshold of 60 ppd, but below the average vision of ~20/15. You will likely need moderate anti-aliasing.

Moderate anti-aliasing... like the 2x modes or light AA modes I've been talking about all along? At that distance there is still much more detail to see as well (resolution clarity).

Also, why is your argument now having two screens next to each other? Of course at 5 feet away you'll see less jaggies on a small screen. You won't see much of anything else either

Do you sit 5 feet away from your desktop PC?

Hey, wanna have the best anti-aliased effect? Load up your favorite mobile game and hold the screen 5 feet away from you (hope you have long arms). You will see almost no jaggies! And nothing much else either
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote