View Single Post
Old Mar 25, 2011, 05:01 PM   #14
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
But tablets don't work perfectly fine running FroYo/Gingerbread. The OS experience is completely different. The whole reason Honeycomb was developed was because FroYo isn't suited for tablets. Merging code from Honeycomb back into Gingerbread isn't the same as just simply putting Honeycomb on phones & tablets.
Have you tried running Froyo/Gingerbread on a tablet?

I've run Eclair, Froyo, Gingerbread, and HC on my Nook in the last week. They all work fine, after a bit of tweaking. I've also seen them run on chinese knockoff tablets, and one the ones with better hardware (like not a crapy resistive screen), they work just as well.

Merging Gingerbread and HC isn't the same as dumping HC on a smartphone but clearly google thinks some of the elements DO work. Outside of managing the pixel density scaling, there's no reason why HC can't run properly on anything less than a tablet. It's not hardware intensive (runs pretty well on my dinky e-reader), has no tablet hardware specific core functionality, nothing should lock HC to a "tablet" except some UI design - which again can be managed by scaling.

My predicition for ice cream sandwich is that it'll be HC with native scaling/zooming of some UI elements and the option to use on screen keys or hardware buttons.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote