View Single Post
Old Jun 15, 2018, 02:32 PM   #12
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Caribbean Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Ya saw that. Its odd. It goes through the Radeon settings interface. Just choose the 18.10 set under updates and you're good to go. It wont bother the gpu driver.
I tried that, and it said the drivers where already up to date, but i just downloaded the newest ones and hadn't updated them yet, so i know they are to date. I also have windows 10 set to not update hardware drivers.. i will mess with it again when i get home fron work.

UPDATE 6/16/2018: Well, I tried to install them by just hitting next even though it said they where all up to date. It did something because it wouldn't freeze on windows loading screen after rebooting. Only way I could get it to boot is go into bios, and reset it, and reload my settings. Then it would boot ok until next restart, rinse and repeat. SO, I ended up uninstalling all AMD software, DDU the GPU drivers, rebooting and installing the chipset drivers first, which the installer showed no current drivers installed. rebooted, which did not freeze. then installed the latest GPU drivers, and all is fine now. Gotta love it.

I did get one blue screen yesterday which is the first I have had with this new setup. Not sure if it was caused by the drivers or bios setting I changed. I reverted the bios setting back, and we will see.

Update #2 6/17/2018: Same problems today. Learned that it installed only partial chipset drivers, and either Windows 10 screwed up, or the installer did, as I have 2 GPIO controllers listed in device manager, yet it was running December drivers on 1, and the new driver on the other. This happened with all the AMD devices, either outdated drivers, or a combination of new and old. So I uninstalled all AMD devices from device manger, as well as checked the box to delete driver. Rebooted (no issues rebooting as before). Device manager had the yellow ? for the devices I uninstalled. Re installed chipset drivers, rebooted, and this time, it installed ALL devices with the newest drivers and booted up with no issues. Re-installed latest display drivers, and all seems fine so far. (we will see).

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!

Last edited by NWR_Midnight : Jun 17, 2018 at 08:46 PM.
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote