View Single Post
Old Sep 30, 2013, 11:28 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
bman87

bman87 is still being judged by the masses

Unhappy PCIE Bus speed issues

This issue has been a real pain in the ass, and I think I finally figured out what was going on. The first clue was when I played BF3, sometimes it would be really choppy, even if I dropped the GFX settings to low. I would reboot and the issue would go away for some time.

Then I had a friend that wanted to play GuildWars 2, so I fired up the game and I was having severe FPS issues, no matter what resolution or video settings I used, I was only getting 10-20fps. After reading some forums for fixing this issue for GW2, I found my issue.

I opened up GPU-Z and checked the bus interface speed. There it was, set to PCI-E 1x v1.0. After I reboot, it goes back to normal 16x v2.0. I believe this gets stuck in 1x mode after I remote desktop into my PC.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this a known bug? Is there any way to fix without rebooting the PC? This has been happening for a long period of time over different driver releases. I am currently on 13.9 and I still have the issue. I am glad I found the actual problem.

AMD 7950, Intel Core-i7 920, 12GB DDR3, Windows 7 64-bit.
  • CORSAIR DOMINATOR 12GB DDR3 Triple Channel
  • SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7950 3GB
  • 3X WD Caviar 640GB (RAID-5)
  • WD VelociRaptor 10k rpm 150GB
  • SILVERSTONE Modular 700W PSU
bman87 is offline   Reply With Quote