View Single Post
Old Mar 4, 2016, 06:16 AM   #8
General Lee
High-tech Redneck

General Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Steam trade holds are a non issue, IMO. People need to just start using the Steam Guard mobile authenticator and this wont be a problem. They should be using it anyways for better security.

I know there are some situations where they can't though, like having a Windows phone. But most people have no excuse. It kills me how many people on my friends list give me the trade hold prompt. Makes it very frustrating to make a trade.

As to the thread topic, good stuff.
Trade holds are one thing, but now they are doing the same thing to the market, only instead of a three days, your transactions may be put on hold for up to 15 days. I can understand the need for security, but with all the restrictions they have come up with, they make it pretty much impossible, or at least impractical, to trade or use the Community Market if you don't use the Authenticator App. If you use a Windows phone, you are SOL.

Basically, someone who has to wait 15 days will try to sell something when it's actually worth something, but by the time the transaction is completed, the item is only worth pennies. Steam Guard was a good idea, and I can see the use in short-term holds, but there are still many things that can cause a fully legit user with both Steam Guard enabled and the Authenticator App to have their account assets frozen. Even wiping cookies from your browser can cause this. It's getting ridiculous.

As for this newest idea of making bundles cheaper if you own some of the games in the bundle, I think it's almost as brilliant as refunds. We should have had refunds long ago, as well this, but late is better than never. I've heard that there were some issues with refunds, such as people buying an indie game and completing it before the two-hour mark, and then refunding it, but I don't see any foreseeable problems with this new approach to bundles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
All I am envisioning right now is the General Lee car with no paint, Cheetos stuffed into the gas tank, and coming out the tail pipe, in a huge pool of Jello :p
General Lee is offline   Reply With Quote