View Single Post
Old Jul 10, 2019, 05:28 PM   #12
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowless View Post
The job market kinda sucks because it seems most companies that are currently hiring in NYC have gotten together and decided to underpay everyone in IT who doesn't have DevOps in their title. I got deep into the interview process for one job that I was perfect for and I'm 95% I lost out on it due to the very reasonable and fair salary I was asking for which was basically market rate.

As soon as I find a job that affords me some of the luxuries I have here (as well as pays at least 15% more) I'm out of here.
Seems to be a trend everywhere these days. I had to take a 33% pay cut when I lost my contracting job because I couldn't find remote work and ended up taking a local IT gig. The salary is painfully low, but we're renting out our basement apartment to make up for some of it. Sucks tho.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote