View Single Post
Old Apr 8, 2013, 11:54 AM   #27
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL10000 View Post
The problem is that Android makers on the low end aren't making any real money.

It's basically like the netbook market. Apple is letting all their stupid competitors to fight over crumbs. Apple is doing well but a part of that is because their competitors are run by idiots. The quality of the executive leadership being produced by the Ivy League education system is rather self-evident these days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Fighting for crumbs with over 50% market share, much of that held by one manufacturer? Yeah ok.
You misread what he's saying. He's talking manufacturer and you're highlighting Android in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
Question:

What's it take for someone like Samsung or Facebook to use Android as the background and simply use their own scheme and call it a different OS? Wouldn't this push users NOT to use Google's services? I'm sure doing a search in Facebook is pretty much using Bing, so I'm pretty sure Google will start to have a problem with these moves Facebook/Samsung has taken lately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
They'd probably get taken to court for trying that.
Not really, that's basically what 'Facebook Home' is.