Thread: Galaxy Note 9
View Single Post
Old Aug 16, 2018, 11:44 AM   #52
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0091/2 View Post
It doesn't sound right. Toms did something wrong with battery test with either the note 8 or note 9. They don't give details how they came to results.

Their testing methodology is inconsistent. The first time they did is with adaptive brightness. Everything other phone battery test they did state 150nit brightness and includes a chart. They don't state it with the note 9.

Note 9 review

Note 8

According to Tom "P20 Pro held out for 14 hours, 13 minutes"

The note 9 in this video lasted 40mins longer than the P20pro and 1hr 20m longer that the s9 plus.

Toms hardware test result for the s9 plus is 11hrs and 11:11 for note 8
The s9plus has 3500mAh, using the result from Toms. The s9plus last 19mins per 100mAh. Adding 500mAh x 19min get me 1h 35m. That's very close to the video's result. My point is the result should be 1hour longer.

I suspect the test methodology isn't the same like their previous phones reviews.
your own numbers shows you did your math wrong. you state that the s9plus is 19min per 100mah. that is 35 X 19 = 665 minutes, which equals 11.08 hours with the larger battery (the 3500 mah), which means it won't get 1 hr 35 minutes more as you figure (it is less than the 11.11 hours of the note 8). The S9+ has a smaller screen than the note 8 (by .1 inches). The note 9 has twice the memory (128 GB vs 64 GB for the note 8 and the s9+). That extra .1 inch over the note 8, and the extra .2 over the S9+ add a significant power draw, not including the difference in memory. The numbers are closer to accurate than you want to admit it seems.

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote