View Single Post
Old Jan 13, 2017, 09:53 AM   #89
Drunken Janitor
Blistering Barnacles!

Drunken Janitor can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrunken Janitor can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaidarHaran View Post
I've been playing my 3DS a lot more lately. So much in fact that I haven't touched the Wii U in months. Games that I already own on Wii U that I do want to play, I've purchased again on 3DS. Even though I don't go too many places where I would be able to just sit and play games, simply having the ability to choose where in my house I play games is a huge bonus.

I'm actually playing the Zelda franchise from the beginning right now. About 2/3 of the way through Ocarina of Time. Given the true portability of the Switch compared to the semi-portable nature of the Wii U gamepad, and the fact that Breath of the Wild is going to be a launch title for Switch, that may be enough to convince me to buy it day one.

Those saying the price is too high have to remember that Nintendo still has the best system-seller franchises and the most of them for that matter. If sales end up being weaker than expected, they can either drop the price, pack in one of those system sellers, or both. It's not like Nintendo is doomed if the Switch doesn't outsell PS4/Xbox One. It just needs to do better than Wii U and I think they're pretty much guaranteed to do that.
The thing is, is that it has to sell rigtht away or 3rd party developers won't bother with it. It has to be a huge success in the first 2 months.

The pro controllers are going to be something like $100 Canadian. Are they out of their god damn minds???
i5 4670 Haswell <> Gigabyte radeon 280x <> 8 gigs of some ram that happened to be on sale that week <> Asus Z87-K <> Some DVD burner that has been used for 3-4 computers - might be a pioneer <> Winblows 10 Now!
Drunken Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote